Linking Aadhar Card to PAN has become mandatory as per the decision of Supreme Court. The latest update says, if you PAN is not connected to Aadhar, it will soon become invalid. Now onwards, if some one wishes to apply for a PAN card , he has to quote Aadhar Number in the PAN card application. Not only this, the next time you file your income tax returns, Aadhar card linking to PAN will be required. So, one has to link PAN to Aadhar before 31st July, 2017.
In this article, you will learn how to link PAN with Aadhar. There are two methods for PAN and Aadhar linking, they are; by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 or visiting the official website of E-filing i.e. www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Let’s learn how to do that.
PAN Card link to Aadhar by SMS
Type UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN> and send it to 567678 or 56161.
For Ex; Type UIDPAN xxxxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyyy and send this message to the number mentioned above.
Here, xxxxxxxxxxxx denotes your 12-digit Aadhar Number and yyyyyyyyyy denotes your 10-digit PAN Number.
Linking Aadhar with PAN using incometaxfilingindia.gov.in website
- Go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website
- You will see Aadhar Linking with PAN in the header. Click on “Click Here” button. See the image for reference:
- Fill the online form with PAN Number, Aadhar Card Number, Name on Aadhar, Security Code and click on Link Aadhar button in the end.
After this, your details will be verified and confirmed for linking.
Important Points to Remember
- Your Date of Birth and Gender should match the database of UIDAI
- If the DOB and Gender matches with UIDAI database and PAN card, but your name partially matches, then you have to enter an OTP to for partial name match. For this, an OTP will be send to your registered mobile number which you can use for matching the name requirements.
- In case, the name is completely different, then the Aadhar linking with PAN would not succeed and you would have to get the name changed in the database.