One of the services that Central bank of India offers is ATM card. To block the ATM card in Central Bank of India, you need to follow a few steps explained in the content of this article. There are four methods to block CBI ATM card, they are; using the SMS service, dialing the customer care number, sending an email to the bank manager or visting the bank personally. Learn about these methods in detail.
How to Block Central Bank of India ATM Card Via SMS
If you have registered your mobile number with bank then you can block ATM through SMS in Central Bank.
- Type the Message in Given Format
- LOST<space>Your Bank Account Number
- And send it to 9967533228
Remember to send SMS only through registered mobile number else ATM card will not be block. Also be cautious while typing your Central Bank Account Number.
Block ATM through Central Bank Customer Care Service Phone Number
Well if you don’t have Your registered mobile number available, then you can call Central Bank Customer Care
- Call to Central Bank of India Customer Care number: 1800 22 1911
- Listen to the IVR options and connect to customer agent
- Brief them that you have lost your ATM card
- They will ask Bank details like Name of Account holder, Account Number and others
- After verification the agent will block your ATM card immediately
Block Central Bank ATM card by Visiting Home branch
If there is a Central Bank of India branch nearest to your location then you can visit there and block ATM card
- Visit Central Bank of India branch
- Go to the concerned branch and tell them that you have lost your ATM card
- Provide them with your bank details
- After verification your card will be blocked
Block ATM card of Central Bank of India through Email
With so many options available Central Bank also gives you facility to block ATM via email but you could consider it as the last option as it takes time
- From your registered Email Id send Message to email@example.com
- Brief about your incident and ask to block your ATM
- The bank will block your ATM as soon as possible.
ATM card has now become an important utility for transactions in this digital world. You can withdraw money through ATM machines any where using your ATM Cards. Bank’s now has introduced many other facilities with ATM card’s like funds transfer with in banks, changing mobile number, paying bills, online shopping and much more.
As ATM’s now a days serve more services, we should avoid risk and block them as soon as possible if they lost. We can block them through customer care service, through SMS, by visiting home branch or sending email. Central Bank of India offer all these methods to block ATM card and we will discuss each method in detail
These are some methods by which you can block ATM card in central bank of India. With my personal experience I would suggest you to call customer care as they notify you or you can also send the message. Hope you find the information useful.