When a user tries to use his new PNB ATM card, he is asked to activate the same. Focusing on PNB Debit Card Activation, he needs to follow a step by step procedure which is explained in this article. This article explains about the usage of Green PIN PNB, SMS, and PNB Internet Banking to serve the purpose of activating debit card online.
Green PIN PNB – Green Pin is an initiative by the Punjab National Bank to step ahead towards eco-friendly technology. Green PIN is 6 digit OTP which is received by a PNB customer for the PNB Debit Card activation/registration. The validity for the Green Pin PNB is of 72 hours from its delivery and like other OTPs, user can use this pin only once.
Read Also: How to Apply online for PNB Credit Card
Methods to Activate Punjab National Bank Debit Card using Green PIN PNB
- Using PNB ATM
- Using SMS
Let’s see how it works one by one.
- Visit your nearest PNB ATM and swipe the PNB debit card over the machine.
- You can see the “Green Pin” option in the drop down menu of “Banking on language selection”. Simply select the Green Pin option. The moment you click on this button, you will receive a 6 digits OTP on your mobile.
- Enter the OTP received on the ATM Machine and press OK.
- Now you will be asked to enter any 4 digit number of your choice as the ATM PIN for your PNB Debit card. Enter the digits and press OK.
- Reconfirm the digits by entering them again.
- If all goes well, you will receive the confirmation message on ATM screen. if not, you might have mismatched the 4 digit pin. Check it and correct it.
Activation of Debit Card using ATM
- Login into your Internet Banking System retail account
- After this, click on Value Added Services followed by Card Related Services and select “Set/Reset DebilCard PIN”
- Select the right account number to which card is attached and press Continue
- You will be asked for PNB Card Number Expiry Date and 6 digits OTP received on your registered mobile number. Enter the data and click submit.
- The input data will be verified. once you sails through this, you will be be asked for 4 digits number of your choice as PIN PNB debit card. Please enter and then re-enter the pin for confirmation.
- Finally, you will receive the following message :
“Thank you, your PIN has been set successfully. Please do not share it with anyone”.
Alternate Method of using Duplicate Debit Card PIN for Activation
- This is the self-generation option to activate the PNB Debit card pin on your own. If you have forgot PNB Debit Card Pin or lost the card, you can get the duplicate pin through this service.
- Simply send SMS DCPIN space CARDNUMBER to 5607040 from registered mobile number
- Within seconds, you will receive 6 digits OTP on your registered mobile number. This OTP comes after proper verification of all your credentials and is valid for 72 hours only.
- Use this OTP to set your ATM PIN of your choice.
Activating the PNB Debit Card becomes easy if you know what to do and how to do. Hope you find the information useful.
Thanks for reading this article on PNB Debit Card Activation using Green Pin and Internet Banking.
Stay connected to receive such updates.