State Bank of India account users can link Aadhaar Card with SBI online as well as offline. you can do this by SMS, ATM, or submitting the SBI Aadhar card Linking form to the bank personally. In this article, We will discuss the all the methods in detail. But before that, let’s learn why you should link your Aadhar card number to the bank account.
Aadhar Card has now become an important document and even financial institutions regulated to link Aadhaar Card with Bank Accounts. Citizens can avail benefits of various government schemes and get subsidies through Seeding Aadhaar Card. Moreover you also get option to do digital transactions via AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System). Here we will learn how to link Aadhaar Card with State Bank of India.
Link Aadhaar Card Online with SBI
You have the option to link Aadhaar Card Online with SBI. State Bank Offers 4 methods through which you can seed Aadhaar with bank i.e. through net banking, via SMS, visiting SBI ATM or any nearest branch. If you have the access to internet banking in SBI then you can use this method. You can apply for SBI net banking by contacting with SBI branch
- Go to SBI net banking portal and login to your account
- Click on My tabs on left hand side
- The link to various windows will open, click on ‘Link your Aadhaar card’
- Now enter the registered mobile number, choose transaction accounts and 12 digit Aadhar Card Number.
- Finally Click on Submit button. You will receive a confirmation message Aadhaar card link with A/C-xxxxxx on your mobile no.
Download Aadhaar Card Linking form/ UID Number Form Online
- First you need to have documents required to seed Aadhaar Card with SBI
- Aadhaar Card Linking form/ UID number form you can download it from SBI website https://www.onlinesbi.com/personal/reg_forms.html or collect it from SBI Branch.
- Original Aadhaar Card + Self attested copy
- Pass Book of SBI Branch
Submitting the Application Form Offline
- Fill the Aadhaar Card Form/UID number form properly and mention Aadhaar number correctly. You can also collect form from SBI branch and then fill it
- Attach the copy of Aadhaar card and passbook with the UID number form/Aadhaar form.
- Submit the form to bank officials, they might ask to show your original Aadhaar card.
- Now the bank will process your request
- After successful verification, your Aadhaar card will be linked to SBI Account.
- You may receive confirmation through SMS or mail
Sending an SMS to Link Aadhar with SBI Account
- Your Mobile number should be registered with SBI for this process.
- Send SMS to 567676 from your registered Mobile Number
- Type UID<Space>Aadhar Number<Space>Account Number
- You will receive message for linking Addhaar Card request
- After verification you will be notified for successful linking of Aadhaar Card with SBI Account.
Aadhar Card Linking through SBI ATM
- Visit the nearest SBI ATM in your area
- Insert your card in ATM machine and enter your PIN
- Select Service Registration Option in the given options
- Click on Aadhaar Card registration option
- Select your Account type i.e savings, current or other
- Next enter your Aadhaar Card number and re-enter to confirm it
- Follow the instructions. Your Aadhaar card will be linked with SBI account via ATM. You may receive confirmation through SMS on your mobile number.
These are some methods by which you can seed Aadhaar Card with State Bank of India. Aadhaar card is now used for many purposes and it is used for both identity and address proof. It also helps in cross examination of a person providing you safe and secure banking services. You can choose any option as per your convenience. Hope you get all the information required to link Aadhaar Card with SBI.